AFK Scholarship Applications and Re-Applications
Alliance for Kids is here to help students navigate the path toward advancing their education and professional development goals. Students receiving funds for ECE courses through Alliance for Kids are required to attend one information session per semester that funds are used. Information sessions are scheduled individually once the scholarship is approved.
About the Scholarship:
The Alliance for Kids Office of Professional Development offers scholarships to eligible Early Childhood Education Professionals in El Paso County. The scholarship provides monetary assistance in the amount of $75.00/credit hour as well as up to $100.00/class for books. As part of the program, students are introduced to resources in the community and mentoring opportunities.
- Assist Early Childhood Education Professionals in meeting the Colorado’s Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) Qualification requirements (formally known as Group Leader).
- Assist Early Childhood Education Professionals in obtaining Director Qualifications through Colorado Department of Human Services.
- Provide scholarships and support to Early Childhood Education Professionals working to obtain Associates and Bachelor’s Degrees in Early Childhood Education.
Scholarship Applicants Must:
- Work in El Paso County.
- Be employed for a minimum of 32 hours per week (or full-time as defined by that program) in a licensed child care program.
- Provide evidence that income does not exceed $18/hour for center teachers, aides, and assistants or $25/hour for center directors.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience working in Early Childhood Education.
- Meet the residency requirements for the State of Colorado or if military, those for dependents as defined by the Department of Defense (DOD).
Receive the PD Update
The PD Update is your resource for upcoming
training and professional development opportunities.