Family Child Care
Providing Child Care as a Career
Becoming a Licensed Family Child Care Provider is an exciting career move which offers you the opportunity to be at home with your own children, and to provide appropriate care and guidance for other children in your community. Licensed Family Child Care Providers can earn income for their families while providing an invaluable service for the community. The process takes time and planning is the key to success as you consider everything from policies and procedures to ordering supplies and setting up your child care environment.
As you begin the journey of opening a Family Child Care Home, there are many things to consider and you may wish to seek legal advice before you decide to use your own home for child care, purchase property or sign a lease agreement. These documents below provide things to consider:
- Do I Need a License? English Flyer | Spanish Flyer
- Are you Ready to Start a Child Care Business?
- Questions to Consider for Meeting Licensing Requirements
- Family Child Care Home License Submission Guide
- Small Business Development Center Resource Guide
Receive The EC News
The EC News publishes twice a month and is an early childhood
resource for providers, parents, and community partners.