This course provides an overview of child assessment, including the following:
- Identify components of the authentic assessment cycle and how it supports early childhood professionals in understanding what young children know and are able to do.
- Describe how to observe young children and how to document these observations.
- Explain how to reflect on observations and use this information to assess where the child is at developmentally.
- Explain how to use observations for planning and individualizing curriculum.
- Explain how to share results of assessment with parents during conferences.
- Review your early childhood program’s current child assessment system and determine how it aligns with the Colorado Early Learning & Development Guidelines.
Register in PDIS.