COVID-19 Resources and Updates for Providers
To continue providing services and supports to the early learning community as your Early Childhood Council and local Child Care Resource & Referral agency, please see the option below:
- For important COVID-19 guidance from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE),news about grants to support child care, and all other updates, visit our News page.
- Please look for important emails from Alliance for Kids. For the latest email about new ECE Huddles being formed, click HERE. To receive our emails, contact AMcKibben@jointinitiatives.org.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for information and updates.
- If you are registered for upcoming AFK training, you will be contacted with information about cancelations and rescheduling. For more, visit our Professional Development page.
- If you need information or resources to share with families around the topics of emotional well-being, nutrition, health, or learning at home, please direct them to FamilySPEAK.org.
- For additional support, continue to consult with your licensing specialist and local public health agency. Also, please continue to update your status in the Provider Portal.
Resources in English and Spanish:
- Alternative Check In/Check Out Procedures
- Orientación sugerida para procedimientos alternativos de ingreso/salida
- Thinking Through Teacher Composition and Teacher Assignment when Reopening
- Analizando la composición de las clases y la asignación de maestros al momento de la reapertura, puntos en la acera para dejar a los niños en los centros de cuidado infantil: orientación actualizada
- Curbside Drop Off at Child Care Facilities
- Puntos en la acera para dejar a los niños en los centros de cuidado infantil: orientación actualizada
- Cloth Mask Guidance for Child Care Operations During COVID-19 Response
- Orientación de mascarillas de tela para las operaciones de cuidado infantil durante la respuesta al Covid-19
COVID-19 Resource Guide for Providers
As a child care provider, you play an important role in keeping families, children and communities safe. Use this Resource Guide to update your program’s practices in response to COVID-19. For a Town Hall Q/A with Mary Anne Snyder from the Office of Early Childhood discussing the Resource Guide, click the button below.
Register Your Program Operating Status
Register your program status in Colorado Shines and receive access to a letter allowing you to ask for increased amounts of rationed supplies at grocery stores.
It is very important to communicate about your current operating status. This includes whether you are open or temporarily closed, as well as other information about open operating capacity such as classroom and available staff. Please register your current status on the Colorado Shines website below and continue to update your status through this same link. This data allows Alliance for Kids to best support you as providers with supplies and support, to help families navigate their child care needs, and to work on grant funds to aid in the recovery of COVID-19 for the early childhood sector.
News | Business
This section includes all general updates for providers as well as business-related news. For more business resources. click HERE.
New Report from Yale University: COVID-19 Risk Among Child Care Providers Researchers from Yale University released findings from a survey of over 55,000 child care
Alliance for Kids, El Paso County’s Early Childhood Council and Initiative of Joint Initiatives for Youth & Families, joins the community of advocates and leaders
The Pikes Peak SBDC has launched a new LEADING EDGE™ for Child Care Providers to help both licensed childcare providers (home and center-based) and start-ups.
Get Inspired! Get Creative! Get Outdoors! Get Started! Make learning fun and healthy with fast and affordable projects to enhance your outdoor space! Apply today