Council & Committees
How AFK is Built
Check out our Council YouTube channel.
- Alliance for Kids is a home, built to bring agencies and individuals together to work collaboratively on a seamless system of care for young children and their families in El Paso County.
- The roof over AFK and two other initiatives is provided by Joint Initiatives for Youth & Families.
- The building permit is provided by the State of Colorado.
- Walls – The Community Network is open to everyone and meets quarterly for the purpose of connecting, networking, and taking action.
- Mortar – The AFK staff works with the Coordinator and Council members to implement the Council’s Strategic Plan and the state-mandated SOW.
- Windows – Council members provide oversight for Alliance for Kids.
- Bricks – AFK’s subcommittees of Learning & Development, Health & Well-Being, and Family Support & Education are where organization representatives and individuals meet regularly to further the work of the Council in each area.
Help us build a thriving Council!
AFK invites you to become involved by participating on a subcommittee. Help us build a seamless system of care for young children and their families!
Receive The EC News
The EC News publishes once a month and is an early childhood resource for providers, parents, and community partners.