What is Coaching?
Alliance for Kids did a study in 2015-2016 with a group of EQIT participants who received coaching. These were teachers, family child care providers, and directors just like you. On average, 95% of participants in the study reported an increase in competence and confidence, their ability to build relationships with children, their sense of professionalism, and their job satisfaction. Everyone wants to have a fulfilling job that they are great at, and coaches can come along beside you can help get you there!
What is coaching all about?
- A safe space to reflect on your work and grow as a professional
- Focused on strengths you have and how to build on those
- Talking about challenges you face in your workplace and brainstorm positive solutions
- Personalized to your work environment, style of teaching, and areas of interest
- A way to increase and/or maintain quality programming for the children in your classroom
What coaching can do for your profession:
- Earn points on the Professional Development Information System (PDIS)
- Just one coaching observation can earn you up to 10 points toward your professional credential!
- Earn Points on Colorado Shines for your center!
What is EQIT RELATE Coaching?
In addition to the 48 hours of direct EQIT class time, infant and toddler participants may receive hands-on, on-site coaching using the EQIT RELATE Coaching Model. The EQIT coach is trained in strengths-based coaching and spends time with participants to help them identify all the things they do well and helps them implement the new ideas learned in EQIT classes into their everyday work with infants and toddlers.
Infant and toddler participants may receive a minimum of five hours of coaching, however, additional coaching may be requested. Completing eight or more hours of coaching allows participants to receive two points towards the Colorado Early Childhood Professional Credential 2.0 in the Professional Information System (PDIS). EQIT course graduates may continue working with their EQIT coach for up to one year following the training, pending availability of funded coaching hours.
AFK offers the following coaching packages for a fee. For more information on the items below, please contact Kelly Hurtado at 719.291.9315:
- CLASS Coaching – Classroom
- CLASS Coaching – Individual Professional Development
- ERS for a Classroom
- ERS for Individual Professional Development
- Colorado Shines Rating Preparation
We accept payments for coaching using PayPal – no account needed.
Interested in Becoming a Credentialed Coach?
- Register for coaching training
- Apply for or renew a Colorado Coaching Credential
- Reflective supervision/consultation
- Frequently asked questions
Receive the PD Update
The PD Update is your resource for upcoming
training and professional development opportunities.