Child Health & Behavior Supports
Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation
- Are you struggling to meet the social-emotional or behavioral needs of a child birth to eight years of age?
- Would you like help creating a plan to decrease behavioral challenges and promote success at home or in the classroom?
- Is a child in your care at risk of being removed from a child care setting due to behavioral issues?
Alliance for Kids can help you determine whether Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation is a good fit.
- Teacher consulting and skill building for behavior guidance strategies
- Supporting partnerships between families and early childhood programs to support children with behavior challenges
- Assistance navigating community resources
Services are provided on-site at NO-COST. ECMH Consultants DO NOT provide diagnosis or evaluation. Programming provided in partnership with The Resource Exchange (see below).
Call the NEW ECMH Referral Line for assistance: 719.205.2691
Download the NEW ECMH flyer HERE.
Child Health Resources
Schedule a Dental Bus!
Dental care and education and is very important to the well-being of young children. If you would like to schedule a Dental Bus to come on-site at your center to provide dental care and education for your children, please contact Evon Myers at Peak Vista. Parents do not need to be present for children to receive care, but consent is required – see documents below. Please consider printing these forms and having parents fill them out at registration or during conferences.
Brought to you by Peak Vista and Ronald McDonald House Charities.
If you would like to provide dental education to children at your center or site, please contact Nancy Green for more information:
Nancy Greene, Denta Quest
Dental Resources for Providers, Parents & Families | Printable and Shareable
Pyramid Plus Approach Training
For information on the availability of Pyramid Plus training, click here.
To read our Pyramid Plus Project Story of Impact, click here.
At El Paso Pyramid Plus (EPPP) our mission is to educate our community on the value of social-emotional health in our youngest children and to promote high quality early childhood experiences through training and coaching for professionals and families through the Pyramid Plus Approach.
Why the Pyramid Plus Approach Model?
The Pyramid Model for Supporting Social Emotional Competence for Infants and Young Children is a positive behavioral intervention and support framework that early educators can use to promote young children’s social and emotional development and prevent/address challenging behavior.
In classrooms where the Pyramid Model was implemented, there were significant improvements in children’s social skills. Target children, children with persistent behavioral challenges, showed statistically significant decreases in challenging behavior.
(Hemmeter, Fox, & Snyder, 2013; Hemmeter, Snyder, Fox, & Algina, 2011)
Alliance for Kids has developed two options for Early Care and Education programs and Family Child Care Homes to participate in the Pyramid Plus project:
- Attend a community training and receive coaching support during the training process.
- Make a greater commitment to become an Implementation Site and receive supports to embed coaching, data collection/analysis and the ability to sustain the knowledge of the Pyramid Plus Approach in their program.
For more information on El Paso Pyramid Plus, please contact:
Bernie McCarron, Heath & Behavior Supports Supervisor
719.659.7198 | BMcCarron@allianceforkids.org