|This posting will close at 4:30 pm on August 6, 2014.
To apply for the position, visit the D11 job postings page and search “Early Childhood Special Education Assistant SPED.”
Read full job description HERE.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Assists the supervisor in meeting the needs of preschoolers with special needs, in regards to pre-academics, behavior modifications, personal hygiene, physical/emotional/communication needs and/or social interaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists students with all basic concepts, communication, and self help skills in groups or individually as specified by Individual Education Plan (IEP) or as indicated by teacher/supervisor, therapists, Individual Training Plan (ITP) and classroom objectives.
- Follow IEP goals to plan daily for student’s individual needs, using a wide variety of materials and instructional strategies.
- Consults daily and at weekly team meetings with supervisor and team members. Observes, records, and reports on student’s behaviors, pre-academic and communication progress, including IEP objectives. May provide input for student staffings and parent conferences if requested.
- Participates in collecting data on student progress as specified by supervisor
- Assists with toileting, including diapering and personal hygiene care of students
- Accesses and utilizes available information for community resources
- Performs clerical and organizational tasks as specified by supervisor
- Demonstrates understanding of DHS Rules and Regulations covering health and sanitation, ECERS and other licensing practices and helps support those standards in the classroom
- Maintains organizational and sanitizing functions of materials and equipment in the classroom
- Engages in preparing classroom activities and centers each Friday per supervisor’s direction