Alliance for Kids is excited to announce that the Colorado Shines Quality Improvement grant eligibility has been expanded by the Office of Early Childhood to allow us to support more of you! If you weren’t eligible for this grant in the past, please take a look at the new criteria because chances are you are eligible now!
For a snapshot of current grants and one that is coming soon, download our Grants Flyer HERE.
Here are the new requirements:
Must have a Colorado Shines Level 1-Level 5 and meet one of the following requirements:
- Serve a high needs population that meet any of the following definitions:
- A child with a disability or developmental delay under age five who has an individual family service plan (IFSP) or an individualized education program (IEP) or medical care plan
- A child who has a home language other than English (English language learner)
- A child from a household meeting income eligibility criteria for Colorado Child Care Assistance Program
- A child who is migrant and meets the definition of “migratory child” in elementary and secondary education action (ESEA) section 1309(2)
- A child who resides on Indian lands
- A child who is in foster care, kinship care or receiving services through the child welfare system
- A child who is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost meals pursuant to the provisions of the federal National School Lunch Act
- A child who is experiencing homelessness or frequent relocations to new residences by the child’s family
- Drug or alcohol abuse in the child’s family
- A child living in the home with an abusive adult
- Either parent of the child was less than eighteen years of age at the time of the birth of the child.
2. Willing to serve children who qualify for Colorado’s Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) and hold a fiscal agreement
These grant funds can be used to pay for professional development, temporary teacher funds, early learning materials, and coaching. Go to your Colorado Shines portal and apply today or reach out to Tina Fennell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.291.8112 for assistance with the application process.