Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Give Children a Head Start!
CPCD provides more than 1,800 children living in poverty or challenged by special circumstances with an early childhood education through Head Start, Early Head Start, and the Colorado Preschool Program. But we aren’t just a free preschool – our additional health, dental, and family support services ensure that children enrolled in our programs are ready to succeed in school and life!
The Early Childhood Special Education teacher is employed by CPCD and is responsible for participating in Child Find Evaluations as part of the Harrison School District 2 Child Find Team. The ECSE will act as the special education teacher and the general education teacher, and should be able to speak to the general education curriculum as well as special education interventions, services, goals, and least restrictive environment.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education/Special Education with Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Licensure with endorsement in ECSE.
- Minimum of one year experience teaching in a CPCD preschool classroom
- Successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination, TB test, background screen and drug test and thereafter as required
- Completion of a First Aid and infant, child & adult CPR, and meds administration certification within 90-days of employment, and maintain as required
- Reliable transportation and maintain minimum liability insurance of $100/$300 if a private vehicle is used
- Current Colorado teaching license.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
This position receives a competitive benefits package including access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) program. CPCD also offers a paid-time-off program with personal paid time off (similar to paid vacation time), paid sick time, and paid holidays (including some school breaks, such as Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, and Spring Break).
To apply and learn more about CPCD please visit our website at cpcdheadstart.org and click on the “I Want to Join the Team” link.