At this time of financial uncertainty for both child care providers and the families they serve, it is important that providers be reminded of the availability of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). As you know, CACFP provides reimbursement for nutritious meals and snacks served to children in participating programs thereby supporting the health of those they serve while reducing their costs. CACFP has received several waivers to accommodate safe meal service during the pandemic, including waivers offering flexibility in mealtimes and meal patterns as well as the ability to serve non-congregate meals.
CACFP can provide this support to the following eligible entities:
- Licensed family child care homes.
- Public or private non-profit 501(c)(3) child care centers.
- For-profit child care centers with:
○ at least 25% of enrolled children receiving Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP), or
○ at least 25% of enrolled children eligible for free and reduced-priced meals.
To remind providers of this important resource, emails were sent to centers and homes who were open, but not participating in CACFP. Programs will also receive an email with tip sheets on providing multiple meals through CACFP as well as the Summer Food Program.