The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy in Colorado Springs is looking for experienced and energetic lead teachers to join our fun and growing team! #GD
For ad and application to apply, click HERE.
Our lead teachers:
- Use only positive early childhood guidance strategies to instruct children.
- Implement The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy curriculum in a way that meets each child’s unique learning style.
- Remain aware of all surroundings in and outside the daycare and report or correct unsafe conditions promptly.
- Comply with state licensing and accreditation regulations for childcare centers.
- Work with our team to achieve the childcare center’s goals.
- Present a welcoming attitude towards prospective families who tour the day care center. Engage them in conversation about their child’s education, and the features and benefits of our early childhood programs.
- Attend licensed day care teacher training, staff meetings, and other professional development initiatives as required.
Lead Teacher Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood preferred.
- Colorado lead teacher credentials.
- State criminal background check.
- Must be able to adapt to continuously changing, fast-paced childcare center environment, and make the children’s needs their primary focus.
- Must be able to fully engage in physical activity. Must be able to kneel, stoop, squat, and stand for a long time, and demonstrate and engage in activities like jumping, dancing, walking, and running.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds is also required.
- Work is primarily performed at the childcare center. Daily outdoor work is required but work is otherwise indoors. Work is sometimes performed off-site for field trips.
- Must be able to see and hear well enough to monitor classrooms and playgrounds to keep children safe at all times.
At The Sunshine House, we ask a lot of our team members, which is why we give so much in return! You will receive a competitive salary, medical / dental / vision benefits, optional supplemental insurance plans, paid time off, and a friendly, fun environment with a casual dress code. Other benefits and employee perks include:
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid training and education assistance
- Employee appreciation program
- Verizon Wireless and other discounts
- Complimentary life insurance for full-time employees
- Free parking, and free meals with children
- Much more…
Imagine coming to work each day knowing your actions will positively impact your community and the next generation! Apply today!