The Motheread/Fatheread Colorado (MFC) Coordinator is a half-time (20/hrs per week), 12-month position. The coordinator reports to the Director of Programs & Center for the Book and works closely with other Colorado Humanities staff as needed. This position involves statewide travel (dependable vehicle required) to family literacy centers, libraries, school districts, and other agencies implementing the program. It includes conducting outreach to organizations to invite them to implement and to learn more about their work to discover MFC’s place in the context of Colorado’s larger literacy efforts. The overall goal is to contribute MFC’s asset of parent literacy-promoting behavior change to the collective effort to raise the early literacy rates for all Coloradans.
The Coordinator will provide technical assistance (and eventually coaching) to implementing partners, including data-gathering, and conduct relationship-building outreach beyond implementing partners to those decision-makers and influencers who might add Motheread/Fatheread Colorado to their early literacy efforts in ever-larger systems. Marketing practices include flyer distribution, video production, publicity, e-newsletters, and general communications.
- Work with staff of the national Motheread, Inc.
- Support supervision of a contract with a third-party evaluation firm.
- Connect with other family service and literacy providers across the state to build the capacity for the Motheread/Fatheread program.
- Oversee coaches and manage the distribution of direct support for facilitation, book purchases, childcare, and meals and snacks to programs.
- Coordinate (currently annual) one- and three-day trainings, including outreach, planning and delivery with assistance from other CH staff.
- Help prepare proposals, manage grant-funded programs, budget, track income and expenses, report to funders and stakeholders.
Applicants should have a sound understanding of early childhood education and adult learning principles, outstanding organizational skills, the capacity to build local and statewide partnerships, and enjoy working with others.
Pay commensurate with experience and education.
Administrators of literacy programs, educator/facilitators, and parent leaders who have received Motheread and/or Story Exploring training are encouraged to apply.
The office for this position is in Denver, but the position has a statewide footprint.
To apply, please send a cover letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to Brynda Shingles at email@example.com. No calls please.