Caring for a young child is an important and often consuming task. There are many resources available that offer suggestions and guidance for the families of young children. The following links will take you to useful information.
- http://www.stopbullying.gov/: For children and youth to thrive in their schools and communities, they need to feel safe and be safe — socially, emotionally, and physically.
- Guidance Targeting Harassment Outlines Local and Federal Responsibility
- SAMHSA: bully prevention and information publications.
Early Childhood and Education
- Changing Education Paradigms
- Child Care Connections is a comprehensive child care resource & referral agency serving parents, early childhood professionals, and employees.
- Colorado Department of Education Links to Education Looking for a school or school district? Looking for achievement results or do you need homework help?
- Colorado Family Education Resources and Training (CFERT) is dedicated to being a partner and resource for strengthening and supporting today's families. Our mission is to provide leadership, education, information, resources, support and advocacy in responding to the needs of Colorado families.
- Welcome to the Early Childhood Colorado Information Clearinghouse (ECCIC)- your gateway to information and resources about all matters related to the healthy and thriving development of children, birth to age 8.
- Early Childhood Education Association of Colorado If you are currently looking for child care, please click on the map and zoom in to find a member center near your home, work, or on the way!
- Peak Parent Center, information about training and mentoring opportunities
- Smart from the Start School Success starts early. The Department of Education wants to help you to be your child's first and most important teacher.
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children, offers information on printed material to share with young children and determining the quality of child care providers
- Zero to Three, use the Parents button on their homepage to find information on many topics important to families caring for children 0-3 years of age.
- Brain and Spinal Cord Resources
- El Paso County Dept. of Health and Environment
- Colorado Health Care Program for Children with Special Needs
- El Paso County Dept. of Human Services
- El Paso County Parks and Leisure Services
- El Paso County Mental Health Association
- Memorial Hospital for Children
- Peak Vista
- Reproductive Life Plan
- Special Kids Special Families
- The American Academy of Pediatricians, information on health and safety
- The Resource Exchange