Choosing Quality Child Care Matters.
Colorado Shines is your online resource for finding quality child care near you. There are several options:
- Visit ColoradoShines.com.
Colorado Shines gives parents and caregivers peace of mind as they search for licensed, quality child care and preschool programs. It offers information including location, hours, licensing status and, most importantly, the Colorado Shines quality rating of eligible programs. By engaging in this free process, families like yours can find the best early learning fit to get your children off to a strong start. Colorado Shines will help you identify elements of high quality child care and the importance of choosing quality.
- Contact the Child Care Resource & Referral line: 877-338-2273
This FREE custom referral line is available to help find early care and education providers in El Paso, Teller, and Elbert Counties that meet your family’s needs. Individuals calling this number will be greeted by the Colorado Shines Child Care Referral at Mile High United Way.
- Mile High United way now has an Intake Form available for families looking for child care.
- Contact Alliance for Kids. If you have more questions about quality child care, please call Alliance for Kids (719-634-8045).
Financial Assistance: To learn about qualifying for the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program, please visit: Colorado Childcare Assistance Program (CCCAP)
Early Childhood Question & Observation Worksheet
How to view licensing or rating details for a program you’re considering:
- Visit ColoradoShines.com
- Under For Families, click on How to find quality child care.
- From the menu on the left, click Search for a Program.
- In the blue area at the top, enter the program name and click Search.
- If the program that appears is the one you are considering, click View Details. For example, some centers have multiple locations (e.g. Kindercare).
- The screen that appears will provide their license number, Colorado Shines rating, CCCAP acceptance, and much more.