Qualistar Colorado is committed to elevating the quality in early childhood programs and has designed a FREE project just for licensed Family Child Care Providers. The Family Child Care Quality Certificate (FCCQC) is a tool intended to support a provider’s knowledge of the Colorado Shines Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) and the Professional Development Information System (PDIS) and to provide training opportunities and resources. The FCCQC is an Alternative Pathway Rating for Level 2 through the Colorado Shines QRIS.
Alliance for Kids is hosting FCCQP Orientations that are part of obtaining your certificate:
Saturday, April 28 | 10-12 pm | Register
Saturday, May 12 | 10-12 pm | Register
Saturday, July 14 | 10-12 pm | Register
Saturday, Oct 13 | 10- 12 pm | Register
*Please plan to bring your laptop to the session with you and know your PDIS/ QRIS account passwords so that you are able to login to the system. If you’ve never set up an account before we will help you register on site.*
- This project is FREE to all licensed providers while grant funds are available. The FCCQC project is an excellent opportunity for all providers to gain knowledge about the quality standards for family child care homes. If providers have already completed Level-2 through the QRIS- E- Modules, they can still participate in the project. To learn more, visit Qualistar.org and look under the Assessment menu.
- Completion of the online training modules is not required when using the FCCQC to attain Level 2
- There are trainings on topics relevant to home providers, a one year membership to the Colorado Association of Family Child Care Providers
- Participants receive a $300 grant for child care program quality improvements
- Participants receive a report of the program’s strengths & recommendations for continued improvement
Deanna Stark, Navigator Specialist
719-291-8112 | firstname.lastname@example.org