AFK Would Like to Thank All of Our Sponsors
The Alliance for Kids is the Early Childhood Council for El Paso County. As a collaborative
Council, the Alliance for Kids is not a stand-alone non-profit organization, rather it is an initiative of Joint Initiatives for Youth and Families which serves as its fiscal agent and staff employer.
The Executive Committee functions as the advisory committee for Alliance for Kids, including programmatic and fiscal oversight. Carrying out the activities as outlined in the Strategic Plan is the responsibility of all Alliance members and is accomplished through the work of its three standing committees which align with the Early Childhood Colorado Framework: Learning & Development, Family Support & Education, and Health & Well-Being.
- Colorado Departments of Human Services provides monetary and technical assistance for the Quality Improvement project including Colorado Shines and EQIT, as well as Systems Building.
- Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation provides resources and supports for the Alliance Office of Professional Development (AOPD). AOPD provides Early Childhood Education (ECE) college scholarships to increase the availability of formal education and professional development opportunities for early childhood professionals and support the efforts of the ECE workforce to increase their levels of post-secondary education and certifications by providing these professionals with scholarship funding, a liaison/mentor, and an interconnected system of resources and training opportunities.
- Buell Rural ECMH funding is utilized to extend the ECMH Project’s reach into the rural remote areas already served by the Early Childhood Mental Health (ECMH) Project including Park and Teller County and the rural boundaries of El Paso County. A partnership between JI-AFK and The Resource Exchange (TRE) is the primary strategy for implementation of the work.
- The El Paso County Department of Human Services provides funding for the Quality Enhancement Initiative to include outreach, information, resources, and supports for Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) Early Care and Education programs to raise and/or maintain quality within their program as well as provides similar supports, resources, and information for CCCAP families.
- Alliance for Kids member organizations provide meeting space free of charge for some meetings. Council members volunteer their time to participate in Council meetings (the oversight committee of Council) as well as participate in advisory monthly meetings to build and improve a comprehensive Early Childhood System in our community for the young children and families of El Paso County.
- Joint Initiatives for Youth and Families serves as the fiscal agent for the Alliance for Kids.