AFK Would Like to Thank All of Our Sponsors
The Alliance for Kids is the Early Childhood Council for El Paso County. As a collaborative
Council, the Alliance for Kids is not a stand-alone non-profit organization, rather it is an initiative of Joint Initiatives for Youth and Families which serves as its fiscal agent and staff employer.
The Executive Committee functions as the advisory committee for Alliance for Kids, including programmatic and fiscal oversight. Carrying out the activities as outlined in the Strategic Plan is the responsibility of all Alliance members and is accomplished through the work of its three standing committees which align with the Early Childhood Colorado Framework: Learning & Development, Family Support & Education, and Health & Well-Being.
- Colorado Departments of Human Services, Health & Environment, and Education provide monetary and technical assistance for School Readiness, Expanding Quality, and Systems Building. These three departments provide oversight and support for the Alliance’s systems building work through House Bill 07-1062, which created Early Childhood Councils statewide in 2007. A smaller group of councils (originally called Consolidated Child Care Pilot Program) began in 1997.
- Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation provides monetary assistance for the Alliance Office of Professional Development. AOPD provides Early Childhood Education college scholarships and mentoring to early childhood professionals.
- The El Paso County Department of Human Services through TANF funds provides funding for the Alliance for Kids CCAP Quality Enhancement Initiative. This initiative includes the NAFCC Accreditation Facilitation Project, the NAEYC Accreditation Facilitation Project, CDA Training and other Professional Development opportunities for persons working in CCAP sites.
- Colorado Children’s Campaign provides technical assistance for our “It’s About Kids” advocacy work, as well as mini-grants for specific focus areas.
- CPCD…giving children a head start provides office space free of charge to the staff of Alliance for Kids.
- Alliance for Kids member organizations provide meeting space free of charge for all of our meetings. The members also volunteer their time to build and improve a comprehensive Early Childhood System for the young children and families of El Paso County.
- Joint Initiatives for Youth and Families serves as the fiscal agent for the Alliance for Kids.